Friday, March 30, 2012

One Crazy Week

This week... we have been to the doctor 3 times, purchased Reagan's first pair of shoes, had 2 nights of screaming, one tooth pop through, a horrible diaper rash, and hand, foot, and mouth virus.  Needless to say I am very glad that it is Friday! Poor Reagan had a very tough week. I ended up taking her to the doctor on Sunday morning because she was still grabbing at her ear and she was very cranky. He said that she was just teething. I thought that was the problem until Tuesday night when she was up all night long crying! What in the world? I have no idea how I survived when she was a newborn. At least when she was that little, she would go back to sleep. That was not the case on Tuesday. She screamed and did not want to be anywhere but in my arms. Luckily we had her 9 month check up on Wednesday morning. Turns out  that what I thought was diaper rash was actually a yeast infection. Terrible! We got some medicine and a good report otherwise. Reagan was 23 pounds and 4 ounces (95%). She was 27 1/2 inches long (50%).  He said once she starts moving around more she will begin to thin out. Haha, was that his way of saying she is a little chunk! He has no idea how much she moves. In fact that's all she does. She even stood up all by herself today without holding on to anything! What a big girl!!  I thought that was the end of the doctors visits but we went back again today! I went to pick her up from Kate's and she had blisters on her hands and feet. Uh-oh. Plus Kate's little girl had a fever so I figured we better go get it checked out. Kate and I go to the same doctor so we both went. Reagan got checked out and unfortunately had hand, mouth, and foot virus. Oh my goodness!! What else?? I felt terrible because Kate's little girl had it too. Now I know why Reagan was screaming for two nights. I thought it was because of the teeth and diaper rash but I bet it was this virus too! Let's just hope that Reagan is better soon. She isn't acting sick now. In fact, she just learned how to say "bye-bye" and when the doctor came in she was sitting up on the table, she waved at her and said "bye-bye". Too cute!! So..bye-bye!

I just had to put this picture up. I bought this shirt at the outlets when we were at the beach. What I didn't realize was that it was kinda a backless shirt for a baby. What?!? Anyway, it is so cute and shows off her little chubby sides! 

 Jason's parents (Grammie and Grandpa) got Reagan this fire truck at Christmas. We just recently got it out and tried to put it together. Of course the two of us couldn't completely get it together so Jason's dad helped putting the rest of it together. It is all set up and ready to go. Reagan LOVES to sit on it and honk the horn! 

I tried to give Reagan some avocado this week. She wasn't too excited about it. Not sure if it is because she was feeling sick or just not into it. I guess we will try it again next week! 

New shoes! How cute are these???

This is the last pic for the night! I love this one. I was taking this vibrating seat to my friend, Blakley. She just had a baby boy and he seems to like this seat just as much as Reagie did. She wanted to borrow it so I got it down and Reagan seemed to remember it. She wanted to get in and poor Molly is looking at it like "Oh my goodness, you aren't bringing another baby home, are you?" Haha! That really makes me laugh. Not to worry Molly! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! Poor thing! That is a horrible week! It seems like she is still smiling and happy though. Love it!

    ReplyDelete